Disney Musicals in Schools is a program that develops sustainable musical theatre programs in public elementary schools.
Up to five schools were selected to participate in the 2017/2018 Program free of charge. Any Chicago, Waukegan, Berwyn, Cicero or Calumet public elementary school that is title one eligible, or has at least a 75% Free or reduced lunch rate is eligible to apply for the Disney Musicals in School program. Stay turned for information regarding the 2018/2019 program and application process.
This program presents a special opportunity to introduce the collaborative art of musical theatre to your school, strengthen your arts programming, and develop partnerships among students, faculty, staff, and the greater community.
Goals of Disney Musicals in Schools:
- Create sustainable musical theatre programs in public elementary schools.
- Provide school faculty with the training and tools necessary to support student performance and production, and to empower them to do so.
- Develop a critical awareness and appreciation of the arts within the school.
- Develop a strong community, including students, parents, faculty, staff, and neighbors.
- Expose students and school faculty to the wide spectrum of skills that are developed when producing a piece of musical theatre, including critical thinking, problem solving, ensemble building, communication, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills.
Selected schools will receive:
- A free performance license to a 30-minute Disney KIDS musical (available shows include: 101 Dalmations, Aladdin, The Aristocats, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Winnie the Pooh).
- Free ShowKit Materials, including a director’s guide, student scripts, cross-curricular activities, accompaniment and rehearsals CDS, and a choreography DVD.
- Free in school support from Goodman Theatre Teaching Artists.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2017/2018 PROGRAM ARE NOW CLOSED
Applications for the 2017/2018 program were due back to DMIS@goodmantheatre.org by close of business, October 6th, 2017.
Stay tuned for information regarding the 2018/2019 program and applications.
Information Session: Our open information session was held on September 23rd, 2017 from 10am to 12pm.
Questions, comments, concerns? Email: DMIS@GoodmanTheatre.org