At the Goodman, we understand that the decision to designate a planned gift is one of the most personal commitments a patron can make, and we appreciate your consideration.
Whether it’s a straightforward bequest, trust, annuity or an arrangement made through your IRA, planned gifts of all sizes support the Goodman’s long-term fiscal stability and often provide financial benefits to you as well. Plus, you can directly support programming that is most important to you, such as new work, classics or education.
As part of the endowment, your legacy will provide permanent resources and could:
- Support a staged reading of a new play as it moves from page to stage with programs like the Playwrights Unit and the New Stages Festival
- Immerse a student in the Goodman’s progressive educational offerings, such as PlayBuild Youth Intensive, Musical Theater Intensive and the Youth Arts Council
- Sponsor a teachers workshop, emphasizing the integration of artistic practice and socio-emotional learning in the classroom
- Underwrite a week of rehearsal, a vital aspect of the creative process, ensuring the fullest breadth of exploration
In addition, all planned giving donors enjoy the benefits of membership in the Spotlight Society, which include:
- Invitations for you and a guest to behind-the-scenes events as they occur throughout the season. (events may be virtual or in person)
- Access to priority subscription renewals, complimentary ticket exchanges and to purchase house seats.
- One complimentary evening each season for up to six guests in the Goodman Lounge with drinks and light hors d’oeuvres. (reservation required)
- Opportunities to learn more about estate planning and the newest tax laws from the Goodman’s Advisory Council.
- Recognition as a member of the Spotlight Society in Playbill throughout each season; on the Spotlight Donor Wall in the Goodman lobby and on the Goodman website.
* Benefits are reflective of the current environment due to COVID-19 and some will only apply when regular performances resume
Please visit our Planned Giving Resources for further information on estate planning including the video of our 16th Annual Estate Planning Seminar. Learn how you can directly impact the Goodman for generations to come!
BECOME A SPOTLIGHT SOCIETY MEMBER