At the Goodman, we understand that the decision to designate a planned gift is one of the most personal commitments a patron can make, and we appreciate your consideration.
Whether it’s a straightforward bequest, trust, annuity or an arrangement made through your IRA, planned gifts of all sizes support the Goodman’s long-term fiscal stability and often provide financial benefits to you as well. Plus, you can directly support programming that is most important to you, such as new work, classics or education.
As part of the endowment, your legacy will provide permanent resources and could:
- Support a staged reading of a new play as it moves from page to stage with programs like the Playwrights Unit and the New Stages Festival
- Immerse a student in the Goodman’s progressive educational offerings, such as PlayBuild Youth Intensive, Musical Theater Intensive and the Youth Arts Council
- Sponsor a teachers workshop, emphasizing the integration of artistic practice and socio-emotional learning in the classroom
- Underwrite a week of rehearsal, a vital aspect of the creative process, ensuring the fullest breadth of exploration
In addition, all planned giving donors enjoy the benefits of membership in the Spotlight Society, which include:
- Invitations for you and a guest to behind-the-scenes events as they occur throughout the season. (events may be virtual or in person)
- Access to priority subscription renewals, complimentary ticket exchanges and to purchase house seats.
- One complimentary evening each season for up to six guests in the Goodman Lounge with drinks and light hors d’oeuvres. (reservation required)
- Opportunities to learn more about estate planning and the newest tax laws from the Goodman’s Advisory Council.
- Recognition as a member of the Spotlight Society in Playbill throughout each season; on the Spotlight Donor Wall in the Goodman lobby and on the Goodman website.
Arranging a planned gift with the Goodman will give you benefits to enjoy now as a member of the Spotlight Society and may also provide tax advantages for your estate! We encourage you to talk with an estate advisor or financial planner to find out how.
Goodman Theatre is grateful for the assistance provided by the Spotlight Advisory Council, a group of prominent estate planning professionals who serve as volunteer advisors for the Spotlight Society.
Take a look at our additional Planned Giving Resources:
Estate Planning Worksheet and Ways to Give
Planned Giving Guide
Demystifying Estate Planning
Planned Gifts may be made to Goodman Theatre/Chicago Theatre Group, Inc. by using the following language:
“I hereby give and bequeath to the Goodman Theatre, incorporated as Chicago Theatre Group, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation in Chicago, Illinois [specific amount, percentage of estate, or specific property] designated for [General Purposes, New Work Development, Education and Engagement or Accessibility programs].”
BECOME A SPOTLIGHT SOCIETY MEMBER
Goodman Theatre, its employees and representatives, do not give tax or legal advice.
Nothing included or referenced in this website is intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding any tax or penalties, or to promote, market or recommend any person, entity, plan or arrangement. Please consult with and seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent legal or tax advisor.