Goodman Theatre is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Subscription Sales Representatives
Goodman Theatre is seeking to add sales superstars to our Subscription Sales staff! Join us in selling our fantastic 90th Anniversary Season and spreading the news of the award winning shows produced on our stages. A background in telemarketing is helpful, however not required. A love for theater is a must. This is a part time position including commission. We are looking to fill positions on both our AM and PM shifts. Please call 312-443-8015 and leave a message for Casey telling us why you would like to work at the Goodman, any previous telemarketing experience you may have, and your schedule availability. If we are interested, we will follow up with you.
Ticket Services Representative
Reports to: Ticket Services Manager
Posted: July 31, 2014
This position provides customer service to constituents attending the theatre and office support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to and maintain all inbound email from patrons
- Serve as knowledgeable resource to part-time staff for questions or issues
- Provide support to management for projects and daily tasks as needed
- Serve as point person for reviewing subscription and single ticket orders from Priority Sales Department
- Serve as point person for processing all non-traditional ticket order requests
- Assist with database and constituent record cleanup
- Process all elements of subscriber and single ticket transactions: sell single tickets, subscriptions, and process exchanges
- Handle cash, check, and credit card transactions
- Complete other duties as assigned in support of the Goodman Theatre Ticketing Services Department to ensure quality constituent service
- 3 years ticketing experience required
- 3 years Tessitura ticket software experience required
- Customer service experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and group environment, seek input and take direction when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Sensitivity to patron billing and credit card information
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Email cover letter and resume to TicketingJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org. Please indicate in your email or cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.
Audio Head/Sound Operator
Reports to: Sound Supervisor
Production: 2014-2015 Goodman Theatre Season
Dates Required: Starting Sept 2014
Posted: July 28, 2014
The Goodman Theatre seeks an experienced Audio Head/Sound Board Operator. This individual will work in conjunction with Audio Supervisor and Sound Designers to execute designs and run productions and events. The ideal candidate will have professional regional theatre and or touring experience on productions ranging from large scale musicals to small straight plays, with extensive knowledge and experience with audio equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive on time for all calls
- Program and run sound for assigned Goodman Theatre productions
- Work with sound designers/audio supervisor to listen critically during sound system balancing and equalizing to effectively execute design
- Load in/out and work shows as assigned
- Additional work as assigned
- Work as a team member, maintaining a positive attitude
- Maintaining standards and quality for all Goodman Theatre productions
- A minimum of 4 years in professional sound engineering/live production mixing; regional theatre experience beneficial
- Practical experience with backstage operations and theatrical rigging with specific knowledge in hanging loud speakers
- Proficiency with computer based playback systems, such as CueStation
- Working knowledge of wireless microphones (Shure, Sennheiser, Sony and Telex)
- Proficiency with large format audio mixers (Matrix 3, Yamaha M7CL, CL5, DM1000) and speaker management system (Meyer Galileo, BSS OmniDrive)
- Working knowledge of Mac operating systems (10.7.X and above), digital audio interfaces (MOTU, M-Audio), MIDI based systems and communications, Ethernet networking and technologies for local area network
- Knowledge of CAD programs beneficial
- Understanding soldering techniques, specifically related to simple electronics repair and cable construction
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high places, Grids and Catwalks
This position is covered by Goodman Theatre’s collective bargaining agreement with I.A.T.S.E. Local 2. Goodman Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to ProductionJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org. Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No phone calls, please.
Reports to: Production Manager
Start Date: Negotiable
Posted: July 28, 2014
Goodman Theatre seeks a Lighting Supervisor for all productions and events in the Albert and Owen Theatres. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the lighting department, being an integral part of producing and presenting first class productions to meet Goodman Theatre's artistic mission while maintaining a safe and effective work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with Goodman Production Staff and department heads to ensure that Goodman Theatre standards are maintained for all productions
- Communicate and collaborate with designers to implement their design
- Prepare light plot and create required paperwork for load-in
- Update and maintain documentation for all Goodman Theatre productions and special events
- Research and locate sources and supplies for production specific projects
- Schedule and supervise the electrics crew ensuring all work is accomplished in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- Ensure that all electrics crew receive, and work within, specified safety training in accordance with the Goodman Theatre’s Health and Safety Manual
- Oversee maintenance, repairs, and inventory of all lighting systems, equipment and materials
- Attend load-in, technical rehearsals, previews, and production meetings as assigned
- Work in collaboration with production manager to develop and maintain a capital plan
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional lighting experience, preferably as a lighting supervisor or master electrician; regional theatre experience beneficial
- Significant experience with ETC; EOS, ION, and ETCNet III required
- Practical experience with automated lighting and theatrical rigging required
- Must be proficient with stage electrical work, practical wiring and design, special fx design; wireless dimming. ETCP certification beneficial
- Vectorworks experience is required; AutoCAD or other CAD program knowledge is beneficial
- Ability to supervise and work with a diverse staff, experience with IATSE crews beneficial
- Periodic night and weekend work is required
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work on varied projects
- Willing to work as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
This is a full time position with full benefits package. Goodman Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter; resume and three references to: ProductionJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org. Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No phone calls, please.
Posted: April 15, 2014
Reports to: Properties Supervisor
Start date: TBD
Duties and Responsibility:
- Construct props as directed by Props Supervisor
- Arrive on time and work in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe scene shop
- Professional experience in prop construction (woodworking and welding)
- Experience with foam carving, and casting beneficial
- Ability to Climb ladders and working in high places
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push, or maneuver up to 50-70 lbs either alone or with assistance
This job is a part time, temporary, non-union position in accordance with The Goodman’s collective bargaining agreement with IATSE Local 2.
Goodman Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 3 references to: AliceMaguire@GoodmanTheatre.org or fax: 312.243.9665.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position.
Goodman Theatre seeks a part-time Security Officer for immediate employment. The security team provides building security and customer service, and ensures public safety. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Competitive pay. Must have superior customer service skills! Send resume with cover letter to SecurityJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org. EOE; women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.
Goodman Theatre seeks a part time Custodian for immediate employment. Previous housekeeping experienced required. Must be able to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50+lbs, as well as climb ladders and work in high places. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Send resume with cover letter via email to CustodialJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org or via fax to 312.553.7234. EOE; women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls.