Goodman Theatre is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Subscription Sales Representatives
Goodman Theatre is seeking to add sales superstars to our Subscription Sales staff! Join us in selling our fantastic 90th Anniversary Season and spreading the news of the award winning shows produced on our stages. A background in telemarketing is helpful, however not required. A love for theater is a must. This is a part time position including commission. We are looking to fill positions on both our AM and PM shifts. Please call 312-443-8015 and leave a message for Casey telling us why you would like to work at the Goodman, any previous telemarketing experience you may have, and your schedule availability. If we are interested, we will follow up with you.
Literary Management Associate
Reports to: Director of New Play Development, Producer
Posted: June 3, 2014
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of submission and reading processes for the Goodman’s new play development program
- Taking the lead on implementing improvements to the theatre’s script database system
- Working with the artistic and literary staff and outside readers to ensure prompt reading and responses to scripts submitted through literary agents
- Advocating for plays and playwrights of interest who emerge through the submission system
- In collaboration with the Director of New Play Development and the Associate Dramaturg, scouting new plays and playwrights locally and nationally, developing ongoing relationships with literary agents and playwrights, and assist in the administration of new play workshops, both in-house and public
- In association with the Director of New Play Development and the Associate Dramaturg, assist in the reading and selection process for the Goodman Playwrights Unit and participate in the unit’s bi-weekly meetings throughout the season
- Assist with the producing and promotion of the annual New Stages Festival, both to local audiences and to the larger theatre community
- In collaboration with the Associate Dramaturg, oversee literary staff interns
- Serve as production dramaturg for 1-2 productions each season
- 2+ years’ experience working in a literary or artistic office
- Bachelor’s degree in theater or related field (graduate degree preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in working with new plays and playwrights
- Detail oriented and multitasking abilities
- Strong organizations skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Position is full-time with occasional evening and weekend hours; this is an entry-level position, with salary commensurate with experience, as well as full benefits package. Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail resume (stressing previous experience and qualifications), cover letter, and contact information for at least three professional references by July 1, 2014 to ArtisticJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org or fax them to 312.553.7234. Please indicate in your email or cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.
Posted: April 15, 2014
Reports to: Properties Supervisor
Start date: TBD
Duties and Responsibility:
- Construct props as directed by Props Supervisor
- Arrive on time and work in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe scene shop
- Professional experience in prop construction (woodworking and welding)
- Experience with foam carving, and casting beneficial
- Ability to Climb ladders and working in high places
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push, or maneuver up to 50-70 lbs either alone or with assistance
This job is a part time, temporary, non-union position in accordance with The Goodman’s collective bargaining agreement with IATSE Local 2.
Goodman Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 3 references to: AliceMaguire@GoodmanTheatre.org or fax: 312.243.9665.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position.
Goodman Theatre seeks a part-time Security Officer for immediate employment. The security team provides building security and customer service, and ensures public safety. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Competitive pay. Must have superior customer service skills! Send resume with cover letter to SecurityJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org. EOE; women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.
Goodman Theatre seeks a part time Custodian for immediate employment. Previous housekeeping experienced required. Must be able to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50+lbs, as well as climb ladders and work in high places. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Send resume with cover letter via email to CustodialJobs@GoodmanTheatre.org or via fax to 312.553.7234. EOE; women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls.