Services for Patrons Who Are Blind or Have Low Vision
Large Print Programs: available to download in Microsoft Word format for all shows prior to a performance and available day of the performance from the Guest Services desk. Large print programs can be viewed online at GoodmanTheatre.org/LargePrint.
Braille Programs: available day of the performance from the Guest Services desk.
Audio-Described Performances: Patrons who are blind and or have low vision receive a headset for one ear that allows them to listen to a description of the key visual elements of a performance while still hearing the actors. These descriptions are inserted into natural pauses in the show. One audio described performance will be offered for each regular season production at Goodman Theatre including A Christmas Carol. All performances will be begin at 2pm. For access to reserved seating enter the promo code AUDIO when purchasing online or call the box office at 312.443.3800 (voice) or 312.443.3829 (TTY/TDD).
Touch Tours: will begin at 12:30pm on each Audio-Described performance day. The tour will feature a 45-60 minute presentation detailing the set, costume and character elements for the performance. When reserving tickets please indicate how many people will be in your party for both the Touch Tour and the performance.
2018/2019 SEASON TOUCH TOURS AND AUDIO-DESCRIBED PERFORMANCES**
Albert Theatre | 2018/2019 Season
- We're Only Alive for A Short Amount of Time | Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 2pm ($30)
- Special Event: A Christmas Carol | Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 2pm ($35)
- How to Catch Creation | Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 2pm ($30)
- Sweat | Saturday, April 6, 2019 at 2pm ($30)
WITHOUT TOUCH TOUR: Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 2pm ($30)
- The Winter's Tale | Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 2pm ($30)
- The Music Man | Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 2pm ($30)
Owen Theatre | 2018/2019 Season
- Lady in Denmark | Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 2pm ($20)
- Special Event: The Santaland Diaries | Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 2pm
- Special Event: St. Nicholas | Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 2pm
- Twilight Bowl | Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 2pm ($20)
- Lottery Day | Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 2pm ($20)
2019/2020 SEASON TOUCH TOURS AND AUDIO-DESCRIBED PERFORMANCES**
Albert Theatre | 2019/2020 Season
Owen Theatre | 2019/2020 Season
For more information, call the box office at 312.443.3800 (voice) or 312.443.3829 (TTY/TDD).
**Dates subject to change.