Services for Patrons Who Are Blind or Have Low Vision
Large Print Programs: available to download in Microsoft Word format for all shows prior to a performance and available day of the performance from the Guest Services desk. Large print programs can be viewed online at GoodmanTheatre.org/LargePrint.
Braille Programs: available day of the performance from the Guest Services desk
Audio-Described Performances: Patrons who are blind and or have low vision receive a headset for one ear that allows them to listen to a description of the key visual elements of a performance while still hearing the actors. These descriptions are inserted into natural pauses in the show. One audio described performance will be offered for each regular season production at Goodman Theatre including A Christmas Carol. All performances will be begin at 2pm. For access to reserved, discounted seating enter the promo code AUDIO when purchasing online or call the box office at 312.443.3800 (voice) or 312.443.3829 (TTY/TDD).
Touch Tours: will begin at 12:30pm on each Audio-Described performance day. The tour will feature a 45-60 minute presentation detailing the set, costume and character elements for the performance. When reserving tickets please indicate how many people will be in your party for both the Touch Tour and the performance.
Audio Described & Touch Tour Dates**
Albert Theatre | 2017/2018 Season
- A View From The Bridge | Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 2pm ($30)
- Blind Date | Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 2pm ($30)
- Enemy of the People | Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 2pm ($30)
- Having Our Say | Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 2pm ($30)
- Support Group for Men | Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 2pm ($30)
- Special Event: A Christmas Carol | Sunday, December 3 at 2pm ($35)
A Christmas Carol (Audio-Described Performance Only) | Wednesday, December 13 at 7:30pm
Owen Theatre | 2017/2018 Season
- Yasmina's Necklace | Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 2pm ($20)
- The Wolves | Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 2pm ($20)
- Father Comes Home From The Wars (Parts 1, 2 & 3) | Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 2pm ($20)
For more information, call the box office at 312.443.3800 (voice) or 312.443.3829 (TTY/TDD).
**Dates subject to change.