Now accepting applications for Stage Management, Artistic Department, and Literary Interns! Learn more about how to apply below.
The Goodman's internship program offers a rich and challenging experience for qualified college students, graduates and young professionals who are actively pursuing careers in professional theater. Goodman Theatre offers internships in three different categories: Artistic Administration (Education, Development, Marketing, PR/Publicity, and Casting), Production and Design (Costumes, Production Management, Props, and Sound), and Stage Management
Goodman interns are entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and have the opportunity to work closely with Goodman staff and artists in Chicago's large and diverse theater community. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email HR@GoodmanTheatre.org.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to learn more about each position, and apply.
Toni Stone Stage Management Internship
New Stages Festival Stage Management Internship
Artistic Department Internship
New Stages Literary Internship
Why intern at Goodman Theatre?
While interning at the Goodman you can:
- Bridge the gap between your collegiate work and your professional life by working with some of the best in the business in a creative and supportive atmosphere.
- Build a professional network with the relationships you establish during your internship. These relationships often lead to future jobs in the industry, professional associations and even life-long friendships.
- Take advantage of intern forums with Goodman staff, guest artists and other members of the community to broaden your knowledge base and expand your understanding of professional theater in Chicago.
- Explore the "city of big shoulders." Chicago is an exciting place to live, especially as you begin your career. With some of the finest regional theaters in the country and more than 200 off Loop theater companies there's always something new to see. Chicago is one of the world's most exciting and livable cities, and a favorite destination of tourists from all corners of the globe. Both cosmopolitan and down-home friendly, Chicago is blessed with a magnificent lakefront and dazzling architecture, a wide array of world-class cultural resources, wonderful neighborhoods, hundreds of restaurants and, yes, four distinct seasons of the year. All this may help to explain why many interns choose to remain in Chicago after their experience at the Goodman has ended.
Goodman Interns also receive:
- Their own phone extension, computer and email address.
- Complimentary tickets to Goodman productions, and the chance to take advantage of free or discounted tickets to other theaters through industry offers.
- Tickets to all Goodman opening night performances—and passes to the after parties.
- $16 per hour (maximum thirty hours per week)
- College credit, as arranged with your individual college or university.