The Goodman Business Council is comprised of civic-minded business leaders committed to furthering the mission of the theater. The council was created to diversify and broaden Goodman Theatre's footprint in the business community, cultivate future organizational leadership and raise critical funds to ensure that the Goodman remains a cornerstone of Chicago's world-class cultural landscape.
BECOME A MEMBER
The Business Council is a dynamic business network in Chicago that offers behind-the-scenes views of the Goodman, terrific theater experiences for corporate entertainment and personal enjoyment and opportunities to make and deepen professional connections.
Business Council members make a commitment to:
- Be involved as an advocate and audience member
- Make a minimum contribution of $10,000 or sponsorship of $15,000
- Introduce individuals from the broader business community to the Goodman
- Attend Business Council and other events, or invite another representative of your company
Members are actively engaged with the Goodman as their time allows and in turn experience the benefits of being associated with one of Chicago's premier cultural institution.
ENJOY THE BENEFITS
The Goodman offers Business Council members and companies the opportunity to reach a variety of desirable audiences, cultivate clients, reward employees and demonstrate civic support in Chicago.
- Bank of 20 tickets to use for one year from commitment
- Opportunity to designate Council contribution to a production or event sponsorship and receive additional recognition and visibility
- Invitation for two to the Goodman's annual A Christmas Carol
- Bank of 12 tickets to use for one year from commitment
- Opportunity to designate your contribution to Education and Engagement programs or the theater’s general operating fund
- Visibility and Access benefits listed below*
*Visibility and Access
- Prestigious association with Chicago’s premier theater
- Exposure to Goodman Boards and influential donors and patrons
- Invitations to Business Council receptions
- Additional networking opportunities for business development and entertainment
- Opportunity to host an exclusive “Business Night” event during A Christmas Carol or production of choice
- 20 complimentary tickets and use of concierge services for booking
- Goodman Lounge membership
- VIP status with access to priority seating
- Employee discounts to select performances and events
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Theater plays a unique role in the educational, social and economic impact of our community. The Goodman Business Council supports the theater’s institutional values:
Goodman Theatre has won international renown for the quality of its productions. Each season of nine plays features an array of themes, including contemporary classics, musicals, culturally diverse works and new plays.
Goodman Theatre leads the way as one of Chicago’s most diverse arts organizations—from its leadership on the board of trustees and the artistic collective to works presented by minority theater artists and female playwrights on the stage. This commitment is further demonstrated through culturally specific programs, events and ongoing collaborations.
The Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs have been recognized as among the best in the country. Offered free of charge, these initiatives serve more than 8,000 students, teachers and life-long learners annually, using the work on the Goodman’s stages to create stronger readers, writers and critical thinkers.
To learn more about the Goodman Business Council, contact Amy Szerlong at 312.443.3811 ext. 121 or email AmySzerlong@GoodmanTheatre.org.