Goodman Theatre is pleased to announce our first sensory-friendly performance in our 40th Anniversary Celebration of A Christmas Carol.
Saturday, December 30 at 2pm | Doors open at 1:30pm
Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed Performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is intended for families with members who have autism or other social, cognitive and physical challenges that create sensory sensitivities.
To purchase tickets, enter the promo code SENSORY to unlock this special performance. Tickets are $35 each.
Questions? Please contact our Box Office at 312.443.3800 (open daily 12noon to 5pm).
Please Note: Individuals without Sensory sensitivities or not accompanying those who do are encouraged to attend a different performance of A Christmas Carol.
Accommodations for the sensory-friendly performance includes:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House Lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
All tickets for the sensory-friendly performance are $35. Families will also have access to resource materials: social stories, a seating map etc. to prepare for their visit.
Please check our site for more upcoming information or sign up for e-mails specific to this performance. For more information please e-mail Access@GoodmanTheatre.org.