Goodman Ambassadors help promote the visibility of new work at Goodman Theatre and actively engage with various communities to further expand and diversify audiences.
The ideal Goodman Ambassador has a passion for theater, specifically new works, and is highly motivated to share that passion with others. Preferably, the ambassador has active personal and/or professional connections with various communities in Chicagoland. Candidates should have a sincere interest and respect for the work done by Goodman Theatre, including the three guiding principles of its mission—quality, diversity and community.
Goodman Ambassadors will have the following responsibilities:
- To help promote new works at the Goodman to their personal and professional networks and make new connections through outreach when appropriate
- To update the Goodman staff on personal progress, including the successes and challenges of their own promotional efforts
- To raise awareness about the Goodman and assist staff in grassroots and promotional marketing efforts throughout the season
- To provide feedback on marketing and engagement strategies; helping the Goodman to shape its Discover What’s NOW program
- To consistently meet all of the above requirements for the entirety of the Goodman Theatre season in which they participate
In return for their assistance, Goodman Ambassadors are offered benefits and perks as members of the program. They include:
- A complimentary pair of tickets to each new work throughout the season
- Tickets to all productions throughout the Goodman season (subject to availability)
- Access to special membership events such as meet and greets with Goodman Theatre artists, behind-the-scenes panel discussions, tickets to select opening night performances and more
- Discount codes for tickets to extend to personal and professional network(s)
- Networking opportunities with Goodman Theatre staff
- Networking with fellow Goodman Ambassadors, periodic check-ins and brainstorming sessions to share ideas for ways to improve outreach
Ambassadors assist the Goodman in a volunteer capacity as a condition of their membership. These are not paid positions.
To be considered for the program, all applicants must complete the Goodman Ambassador application by April 21, 2017. The application contains an information form and a personal statement, which should include the following:
- Your background and interest in theater, specifically Goodman Theatre
- Any experience(s) you have, theater related or otherwise, that you feel would benefit you as an ambassador for Goodman Theatre
- Why you want to join this program
- What you hope to personally achieve from this program and how you believe it will help you grow
- Successful candidates have experience working with, or outreach to, a diverse range of people. Membership or affiliation with professional associations and/or a large personal network is preferred