How to Be a Partner School
School Matinee Series Partner Schools are expected to:
- Provide a team of two to three teachers to participate. Teams must include a math or science teacher.
- Teaching teams must switch out every four years.
- Provide transportation to and from Goodman Theatre for matinees. Buses must let off students on Randolph Street or State Street. Buses may not drop off students in front of the theater on Dearborn.
- Financial assistance is available for schools in need.
- Support teachers and students in the School Matinee Series, especially on their matinee days.
School Matinee Series Partner Teachers are expected to:
- Prepare students and chaperones in show content and theater etiquette, and subsequent exemplary behavior from students and chaperones on matinee days. There must be one chaperone for every ten students attending the performance.
- Submit lesson/unit plans and evaluations that demonstrate a clear integration of each production your school attends across curriculum. All lesson plans are submitted online and include both student assessment rubrics and program material evaluation.
- Attend at least 17 hours of professional development offered by Goodman Theatre. Teachers are required to attend content workshops for each show your school will be attending. New teachers to the program are required to attend a Dramatic Integration workshop (date TBD) to participate in the SMS. Current Professional Development Workshop dates can be found here.
- Please see SMS Teacher Workshop schedules below.
- Previewing performances count towards professional development hours
- CPDUs are offered at most professional development workshops
- Preview a performance of all shows your students will be attending.
- Notify Goodman Theatre of significant ticket drops no later than two weeks prior to performance dates.
Apply to be a Partner School