Goodman Theatre is pleased to announce sensory-friendly performances of A Christmas Carol and The Music Man as part of the 2018/2019 Season.
A Christmas Carol
Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 2pm | Doors open at 1:30pm
The Music Man
In partnership with Autism Speaks-Chicago, sensory-friendly/relaxed performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is intended for families with members who have autism or other social, cognitive and physical challenges that create sensory sensitivities.
To purchase tickets to A Christmas Carol, enter the promo code SENSORY to unlock this performance. Tickets start at $15.
Questions? Please contact our Box Office at 312.443.3800 (open daily 12noon to 5pm).
BUY TICKETS FOR A CHRISTMAS CAROL
Please Note: Individuals without sensory sensitivities or not accompanying those who do are encouraged to attend a different performance of A Christmas Carol.
Accommodations for the sensory-friendly performance includes:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
Tickets for the sensory-friendly performance start at $15. Families will also have access to resource materials: social stories, a seating map etc. to prepare for their visit.
Please check our site for more upcoming information or sign up for e-mails specific to this performance. For more information please e-mail Access@GoodmanTheatre.org.