Sensory-friendly/relaxed performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is intended for patrons who have autism or other social, cognitive and physical challenges that create sensory sensitivities and their families.
Patrons attending the sensory-friendly/relaxed performance will also have access to resource materials: social stories, story synopsis, a seating map, etc. to prepare for their visit. Accommodations include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to patrons' needs.
Please note: masks must be worn while inside the theater and children under 5 are not permitted. For a full list of Health and Safety protocols, visit GoodmanTheatre.org/Protocols.
Sensory Bags are available during all performances at Goodman Theatre. These bags contain noise-reducing headphones, two fidgets, a notebook and pen, a social story about visiting Goodman Theatre, and a picture communication keyring. Sensory Bags can be checked out at Guest Services (ID required for security).
Questions? Contact our Box Office at 312.443.3800 (open 12noon-3pm daily) or email Access@GoodmanTheatre.org for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about our sensory-friendly/relaxed performances.
SEE ALL FAQS
Please check our site for more upcoming information or sign up for e-mails specific to this performance. For more information please e-mail Access@GoodmanTheatre.org.