The Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed performance of A Christmas Carol will be Sunday, December 26 at 2pm!
Use promo SENSORY when purchasing online or call the box office at 312.443.3800 (voice) or 312.443.3829 (TTY/TDD). Click the button below and enter the promo code below the calendar to unlock this performance.
Sensory-friendly/relaxed performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is intended for patrons who have autism or other social, cognitive and physical challenges that create sensory sensitivities and their families.
Patrons attending the sensory-friendly/relaxed performance will also have access to resource materials: social stories, story synopsis, a seating map, etc. to prepare for their visit.
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to patrons' needs.
Goodman Theatre policy requires all patrons to wear face coverings at all times; however, we recognize the specific needs and challenges of patrons who use the sensory-friendly performance may be impacted by sensory sensitivities. For the matinee performance on December 26, Goodman Theatre will relax our mask policy throughout our facility for those needing accommodation. Face shields are a highly recommended alternative, if possible. In order to create a safe and comfortable experience, Goodman will maintain a measure of distance in the theatre by keeping one seat open on either side of each party.
Sensory Bags are available during all performances at Goodman Theatre. These bags contain noise-reducing headphones, two fidgets, a notebook and pen, a social story about visiting Goodman Theatre, and a picture communication keyring. Sensory Bags can be checked out at Guest Services (ID required for security).
Questions? Contact our Box Office at 312.443.3800 (open 12noon-3pm daily) or email Access@GoodmanTheatre.org for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about our sensory-friendly/relaxed performances.
SEE ALL FAQS
Please check our site for more upcoming information or sign up for e-mails specific to this performance. For more information please e-mail Access@GoodmanTheatre.org.