Goodman Theatre welcomes patrons to a sensory-friendly/relaxed performance of A Christmas Carol on Saturday, November 23 at 2pm.
Sensory-friendly/relaxed performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is intended for patrons who have autism or other social, cognitive and physical challenges that create sensory sensitivities and their families.
Patrons attending the Sensory-Friendly performance will also have access to resource materials: social stories, story synopsis, a seating map, etc. to prepare for their visit.
Watch audiences from previous years talk about their sensory-friendly experience at A Christmas Carol.
Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 2pm (Doors open at 1:30pm)
To purchase tickets to A Christmas Carol, enter the promo code SENSORY to unlock this performance. Tickets start at $15.
Please note: those without sensory sensitivities or not accompanying those who do are encouraged to attend a different performance.
Accommodations for Sensory-Friendly Performances Include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- House lights remain on at a low level during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater building
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Limited crowds and visitors at Goodman Theatre during the day and timing of the performance
- Goodman Theatre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to patrons' needs.
Questions? Contact our Box Office at 312.443.3800 (open 12noon-5pm daily) or email Access@GoodmanTheatre.org for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about our sensory-friendly performances.
SEE ALL FAQS
Please check our site for more upcoming information or sign up for e-mails specific to this performance. For more information please e-mail Access@GoodmanTheatre.org.