Goodman Artists Around Town
Every Monday at the Goodman we have a "Department Information Meeting" where we check in on what all the different departments are up to around the office. We realized today that many of our artistic collective members and other artists are in the midst of producing great work and receiving honors at other venes and we thought we would share!
- Chuck Smith leads a week-long workshop this week at Fisk University in Nashville, TN.
- Henry Godinez's production of Water by the Spoonful at Court Theatre runs through April 6.
- Steve Scott's world premiere production of American Myth at American Blues Theatre runs through April 6.
- Henry Wishcamper’s production of The Dance of Death, by August Strindberg – adapted by Conor McPherson, at Writers’ Theatre begins previews on April 1 and runs through July 20.
- Regina Taylor will honored as one of the Chicago Black Women’s Expo “Phenomenal Women” on May 27.
- Tanya Palmer is representing the Goodman at a symposium on new play development in Kowloon, Hong Kong this week.
- Maggio Fellow Erica Weiss directed a staged reading of Caitlin Parrish’s screenplay The Steps at Mrs. Murphy & Sons Irish Bistro. It featured Amanda Drinkall from Venus in Fur.
This is the official Goodman Blog