10 Minute Play Competition
Do you want to see YOUR PLAY read on stage at Goodman Theatre’s Latino Theatre Festival?
A few pages could make you a star…
Enter our FREE 10-minute play competition today!
Deadline for all entries: May 10, 2013
Goodman Theatre is pleased to announce its third biennial 10-minute play competition for playwrights ages 12 - 23 in conjunction with its Latino Theatre Festival. Participation is entirely free. Two plays from each age group (12 - 15, 16 - 19 and 20 - 23) will be selected for a reading by a company of professional actors, to be performed on stage at the Goodman!
- Plays must be written in English but may contain Spanish and must address the topic “Homeland,” exploring what it’s like to live in a place that may not want or accept you, and answering such questions as: What is home? How do you create a space for yourself? For others?
- All plays must reflect Latino culture.
- All submissions must be 10 minutes or less—which equals 10 typed double-spaced pages or less—and should not require more than 5 actors total (though actors can play more than one role).
- Play submissions must be typed and include a cover page with the writer’s name, address, email, phone, age, grade, school and any relevant production history if the play has been performed before.
- Only one submission is allowed per person.
The deadline for submissions is May 10th, 2013. Plays may be dropped off at Goodman Theatre or emailed to EdIntern@GoodmanTheatre.org.
If you would like to mail your play, send to:
Attn: Elizabeth Rice
170 N Dearborn St.
Chicago, IL 60601
Playwrights should include “10-minute plays (LTF)" in the subject line of their emails or the front of their envelopes.
Playwrights of the selected works will be notified by May 24, 2013. A professional reading of the winning plays will be open to the public on June 3 in the Goodman’s Owen Theatre!
For more information, please contact the Education & Community Engagement Department at 312.553.7161.
This is the official Goodman Blog